REOPENING UPDATE INFORMATION ON HOURS AND NEW SAFETY PROTOCOLS FOR PHASE 1
Thank you for sticking with us during these uncertain times. Your support does and will continue to, make a difference to those in our community whom we serve. Without our loyal members, we would not be able to continue serving the Fremont community and surrounding areas, just as we have for the past 132 years.
We are excited to get everyone back into the Y as soon as possible and have been diligently working on a reopening plan since the guidelines were released earlier this week. These guidelines require us to release a training protocol for full and part-time staff regarding new policies, area capacities & closures, cleaning & disinfecting procedures, and more. This means that our facility will be open, but not running at full capacity due to the restrictions in place for us.
Nevertheless, we are thrilled to open our doors to the community once again. Please read the following carefully as some of our policies have changed:
Following the guidelines set in place by the state of Nebraska and the CDC, we plan on opening in phases as we reinstate and train our team. We will continue a rigorous cleaning schedule every day and are adding additional staff and sanitation stations as needed.
Four work out areas will be available to members. These areas include the Hazel Keene Wellness Center, the new Cross-Training Room, and the Large Gym which has been divided into two areas by the large curtain. Access to each work out area will be limited to 10 members at a time, plus staff. Members must be over the age of 16 to utilize the work out areas. Work out times will be restricted to one hour total. Members cannot move between areas during their allotted hour.
Wellness Center Areas Hours:
The first phase of reopening will have the following restrictions:
- Only Fremont Family YMCA members will be allowed in the facility. No guest passes or memberships from outside YMCA’s will be accepted for entry.
- Masks are recommended for all members, however not required. We request that members bring and wear masks during the check-in process. They may remove their mask to work out.
- Members’ temperature must be checked by staff in order to gain entry into the facility. The temperature must be under 100.4 degrees.
- A waiver must be signed by members, prior to entering the building.
- With the exception of child care, everyone entering the building must be over 16 years of age.
- Please do not come to the YMCA if you are feeling ill in any way or at high risk.
- Members coming to work out will enter through the Wellness Center where they can sign in to work out in a certain area. If the area they choose is currently at capacity, they can be put on the waitlist or choose another area to work out that is not at capacity. Exercise equipment has been placed in each of the areas to allow a variety of options for exercise.
- Childcare and persons requiring front desk help will enter through the main doors. The main building will be open for childcare and front desk help only from 6am-6pm, Monday through Friday.
- There will be no sweat towel service available. We encourage you to bring your own. In addition, water faucets will not be available. Please bring your own water.
- The Wellness Center will have some equipment blocked off to ensure social distancing on cardio and weight machines. Please maintain a 6ft. distance between you and other members. Please do not do partner workouts or spotter recommended exercises.
- Members will be required to clean their own equipment prior to and after use. The Y staff will also be diligent in cleaning all equipment on a regular basis.
- The Community Room and coffee services will remain closed until further notice as recommended by the state and public health officials.
- The locker rooms and amenities inside will remain closed until further notice as recommended by the state and public health officials. If you would like to get items out of your locker, a staff person will be available to escort you.
- The pool will remain closed until further notice as recommended by the state and public health officials.
- The Sidner Gyms/walking track, the Underground, the tennis courts, the turf room, the racquetball courts, and the spin studio will not be available for general member use as the YMCA is currently using these areas for child care. Spin bikes will be available in the Fitness Studio.
- Group Fitness Classes are suspended for a few weeks to allow for all procedures and policies to be put in place.
- All May programming is suspended. Announcements regarding day camps and summer programming will be made at a later date.
- The Methodist Fremont Health Wellness Center will reopen for hospital employees only on Monday, May 11.
- We will continue to draft memberships on Monday, May 20, 2020.
As always, we want to thank you for your patience and support as we navigate through these uncharted waters. We are extremely grateful for each one of you and can’t wait to see you back in our facility once again! Please continue to stay up to date by reading the YMCA emails, following us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, downloading our Daxko App, and visiting our website at fremontfamilyymca.org.