WELCOME TO THE LARGEST Y IN THE UNITED STATES!
Our 235,000-square foot facility consists of the following . . .
- Four full-sized gymnasiums
- Aquatics Center with state of the art, Olympic sized pool, steam sauna, hot tub and splash pad
- Five indoor tennis courts
- Olympic-sized ice arena
- 15,000-square foot Wellness Center
- Air-conditioned fitness studio
- Three racquetball courts
- Fully-equipped gymnastics center
- 1/10-mile walk/jog track
- Indoor turf room
- Full-time child care for youth ages 6 weeks to middle school
Outside of the main facility, the YMCA also runs . . .
- Christensen Family YMCA Camp – 120 acres of land with a 50 acre lake
- Methodist Fremont Health Wellness Center - Satellite location
All FREMONT FAMILY YMCA members (19 years of age and older) are now allowed to use the YMCA’s satellite location at the Fremont Area Medical Center which is located on the first floor in the Health Park Plaza addition (the north end of the parking lot east of Health Park Plaza will be reserved for those using the fitness center). This room is equipped with cardio and weight equipment and is staffed by a YMCA-trained employee at all times.
HAZEL R. KEENE WELLNESS CENTER
A 15,000-square foot facility with state-of-the-art equipment in cardio, select weight, free weight and express workout areas opened at the FREMONT FAMIIY YMCA in October 2006. We offer . .
- Extended hours for FFY members
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff available during all Wellness Center hours
- Over 40 cardio machines & cardio theater
- 20 pieces of select weight equipment
- Free weights area
- Express workout area
- Wheelchair accessibility
- Plasma and flat screen TVs
- The Wellness Center recently expanded into the former lap pool area, adding a 5,000 square foot cross training area. Included in the expansion is additional free weight area, Queenax group functional and suspended body weight training system, TRX Suspension Training equipment, dead lifting platforms, squat racks, tire flip, kettle bells, and small group training classes and opportunities.
Everyone must complete an orientation prior to using the Wellness Center. Please call to schedule an appointment.
Nebraska Methodist Health System WELLNESS CENTER
All FREMONT FAMILY YMCA members (19 years of age and older) are now allowed to use the YMCA's satellite location at the Fremont Area Medical Center which is located on the first floor in the Health Park Plaza addition (the north end of the parking lot east of Health Park Plaza will be reserved for those using the wellness center). This room is equipped with cardio and weight equipment and is staffed by a YMCA-trained employee at all times.
SUSPENDED WALK/JOG TRACK
YMCA members will be delighted to run one of the longest suspended indoor tracks in the country at 1/10th of a mile. You will find none finer than the one in the FREMONT FAMILY YMCA.
The track is open to adult and high school-age members during regular building hours unless closed for repairs or cleaning. During special events and tournaments, the track will also be closed, but early notification to users will always be posted.
YOUTH TRACK USAGE
- The track may be used by 5th-9th graders under the following provisions:
- Under a class instructor’s supervision.
- Jogging/walking within an arms’ reach of a parent (child of any age).
- Receiving special permission from a professional director (daily).
NOTE: NO YOUTH 8th grade and under may be on the track from 5-7:30 p.m. Monday-Friday unless under the direction of an instructor.
Adults will find a hot, comfortable sauna in both the men's and women's locker rooms in the main YMCA building that are open during regular building hours. These are dry saunas - PLEASE DO NOT ADD WATER. Use of the saunas is free with a Fremont Family YMCA membership.
HOT WATER SPA
Located in the Dillon Family Aquatics Center, this co-ed facility is the best way to relax after a hard workout. Adults (ages 18 and older) only.
A steam room can improve your health in several ways – improves circulation, lowers blood pressure, reduces stress, clears congestion, promotes skin health, aids in workout recovery, loosens stiff joints, burns calories and boosts the immune system. Be sure to check out the steam room located in the Dillon Family Aquatics Center (ages 18 and older only).
The FREMONT FAMILY YMCA just opened a room especially designed for youth ages 8 and older. Those who use this room think they are having an awesome time using the many interactive games, but don't realize they are also getting a great workout at the same time. This is a computer lab for homework assignments in the Chill Zone. Both area are supervised at all times so there is no fear of your child using the computers or games in an inappropriate manner. Play games, do homework or just hang out with your friends. The Underground is the place to be! We are now booking birthday/ family parties in The Underground. Call the YMCA for more information at 402.721.6952.