VOLUNTEER AT THE FREMONT FAMILY YMCA
Across the United States, more than 500,000 business leaders, community advocates, parents, teens and individuals who want to give back and support their neighbors volunteer at the Y. That's because in 10,000 neighborhoods nationwide, we have the presence and partnerships to not just promise, but deliver positive personal and social change.
With a focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, Y volunteers give men, women and children of all ages and from all walks of life the resources and support they need to be healthy, confident, connected and secure.
VOLUNTEERS OF THE Y . . .
- Lead our Board of Directors and committees
- Raise funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of our community
- Coach our sports teams and teach many of our classes
- Officiate and keep score at youth sports events
- They work at various special events like swim meets, hockey tournaments for example
- Motivate and support youth in building the character strengths, skills and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health, smart life choices and the pursuit of higher education and goals
- Extend a hand to help adults who want to do more, be more or live healthier
- Advocate for the Y's efforts to influence policies and initiatives that positively impact societal issues of importance to the nation and your community
- Participate in opportunities to give back and support neighbors.
The Y is a nonprofit like no other. Take an active role in strengthening your community.
Volunteer of the Year Award
Each year the Fremont Family YMCA recognizes one adult and one youth volunteer who goes above and beyond the call of duty when it comes to them donating their time and talents to our YMCA. These volunteers are recognized as the "Volunteer of the Year" at our annual Heritage Club Dinner.
In 2018, our adult Volunteer of the Year was Kathi Haughbak-Parks. Kathi has been volunteering her time at the YMCA for over 7 years. She is currently teaches "Movement Improvement" three times a week. She provides a safe exercise environment with the goals of increasing range of motion, improving strength and balance, and socializing with others that have the same abilities. She is an amazing instructor and friend. Kathi is dedicated to the mission of our YMCA!
Our Youth Volunteer of the Year was Corey Sasse.
It only takes a few hours a week now and then to make a positive mark in the life of someone, both adult and youth. You will be gifted back 1,000 times over by knowing you made a difference in someone's life.
Become a Volunteer
Are you interested in being added to our contact list for volunteers? Please email Ashley Remington at email@example.com with your contact information.