WHERE CARE MEETS ACHIEVEMENT
The YMCA offers programs to help your child grow and develop for future success in the classroom. Whether you're a new parent looking for quality care for your infant, or a parent of a toddler who is preparing for entrance into school, the YMCA has programs aimed at giving your youngster the best chance at a bright future.
Our Y-Care has openings!
Please call Ashley Thomas for more information,
- Monday-Friday, 6 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Youth ages 6 weeks to pre-kindergarten
- Full and part time
- Child Care Subsidy Accepted
- Staff is CPR and first aid certified
- Preschool available for 3-5 year olds (September-May)
Child Care Pricing
The Fremont Family YMCA is committed to providing quality, affordable child care to the Fremont community. We accept Child Care Subsidy.
Infant Room (starting at 6 weeks)
$140/week for FFY Members and Non-Members
1's Room - PreK
$125/week for FFY Members
$165/week for Non-Members
PART TIME (20 hours or less)
$95/week for FFY Members
$135/week for Non-Members
The experiences and curriculum of our developmentally appropriate program provide for the social, emotional, physical, and intellectual growth of each child. Our teachers will guide children in exploring, discovering, and learning at their own rate. Language and literacy are developed through meaningful experiences. Young children learn through play. Our preschool is organized to promote social interaction and self-growth. Each child will develop to his/her fullest potential in our preschool program with teachers and families working together as partners in the educational process.
Classes begin Tuesday, September 8.
3-year-olds will meet Monday-Friday, 12 noon-1 p.m.
4- and 5-year-olds will meet Monday-Friday, 1-3 p.m.
All classes are held at the Fremont Family YMCA
For a child to be in the 3-year-old room, they must be 3 on or before July 31 of that year.
For a child to be in the 4-year-old room, they must be 4 on or before July 31 of that year.
COST: 3 year olds - $60 (FFY member but not a Y Care kid); $80 (non-Y Care kid and non-member)
4 and 5 year olds - $70 (FFY member but not a Y Care kid); $90 (non-Y Care kid and non-member)
(Title 20 does not apply to this program)
Payment due at the time of registration – please pay at the front desk
Please register at the front desk of the YMCA.
KIDZ ZONE WILL BE REOPENING ON MONDAY, AUGUST 17!
This is drop-in babysitting for those who need it while using the Y facility. Only youth who are age 8 and older are allowed to be in the building unaccompanied by an adult. If younger than 8 and not in the direct supervision of an adult (age 18 and older), they must be in the Kidz Zone. COVID-19 protocols and ratios will be enforced.
- Youth must be at least 6 weeks old
- Parents/guardians must be in the Y building at all times while their child(ren) are in the Kidz Zone
Kidz Zone COVID -19 Protocols
1. Ratios will be maintained according to State Regulations in a childcare. The ratio allowed will be determined by the youngest child attending in the room.
To determine spots available, the front desk will call the Kidz Zone staff before allowing parents to use the Kidz Zone. Kidz Zone staff will let them know if space is available or at what time-space will be available. Spots can be reserved at the front desk.
2. Check-in will be done in the hallway. Staff will make sure all information is completely filled out before allowing the child into the Kidz Zone. Anyone using the Kidz Zone must sign their child in filling in all of the information – this information will be needed to determine ratios and for contacting parents as needed.
3. Before entering the room, children will have their temperature checked. Any child with a fever over 100, will not be allowed in the Kidz Zone. Once the temperature is taken they must go to the bathroom and wash their hands. Procedures for good handwashing are posted by the bathroom sink.
4. Kidz Zone will be limited to 1 hour per child. If a parent has not come to pick their child up in the allotted time, they will be called on their cell phone. If there is no one waiting to use it, they can extend their time by re-checking in with you, but not by just assuming there is room. The staff will need to check with the front desk to make sure there is not someone waiting.
5. There is no food allowed during this time. Bottles or water bottles labeled with the child’s name is acceptable, but these must be kept out of reach to children and handed to them when needed.
New for 2020! Anyone with any type of family membership to our YMCA will receive one FREE 52 punch card for the Kidz Zone.* Please stop by the front desk of the YMCA to get your family's card!
*Limit one per family. Punches must be used in 2020. After the card is full, additional punches may be purchased for $2 each.