THE ADAM MONKE & FREMONT YMCA WH(Y) RUN
Friday, April 24, 2020
Long time ultra-marathoner Adam Monke was scheduled to run the Prairie Spirit 100 mile race in Kansas City on March 28th, but like many events the race was cancelled due to COVID-19. Training for this distance is not only achieved by running many miles but also involves the science of balancing nutrition, hydration, recovery, sleep and optimizing when precisely to peak.
Adam’s redirected his hard work and training to his community and is joining the HELPER movement to aid in delivering hope and awareness while running across a portion of Nebraska during Friday, April 24th WH(Y) RUN.
Adam’s run will serve as a fundraising platform to benefit the Fremont Family YMCA. All money raised will go directly to the YMCA to help support childcare and school aged services provided for families with medical personnel and first responders helping with COVID on the front lines. These funds will also help with additional youth programming and summer camps. Adam will also run to honor the legacy cancelled race for Alex Lamme.
ABLE and The HELPER brands are keynote sponsors along with local brands, Opendorse, Eagle Distributing, Sid Dillion, Pinnacle Bank, Edward Jones and All Metals Market, Preferred Auto Reconditioning - and more.
Adam will start at the Fremont Family YMCA and will run through Mead, Ithaca, Waverly, and Lincoln where he will make a turn at the Lincoln Downtown YMCA before passing through Wahoo to then return to Fremont. The total distance will be 104 miles.
You may find many familiar faces alongside Adam throughout his journey, some will run for short socially acceptable distances with him, while others are invited to cheer him on from the sidelines as he makes his way through iconic Nebraska communities and sites.
HERE’S HOW DONATE/GET INVOLVED
- Donate directly to Adam's Y-RUN
- Snag a HELPER t-shirt provided by ABLE* Click Here
*ABLE and HELPER will donate all proceeds of each t-shirt sale directly to Adam's YMCA WH(Y) RUN.
All proceeds not only helps support childcare and school aged services provided for medical personal and first responders helping with COVID on the front lines. Your donation will also help our youth programing, summer camps, Special Olympics Athletes and active older adult programming. Your donation helps change lives in the Fremont and surrounding communities.
HERE’S HOW TO FOLLOW
INSTAGRAM: @ablecbd @adam_monke @YMCAfremont
FACEBOOK: @ablecbd @fremontYMCA
TOGETHER WE CAN BUILD A BETTER US.
- $25 could pay for a child to participate in one of our youth sports programs
- $50 could sponsor a Special Olympics athlete’s membership for one month
- $100 could give peace of mind to a single parent because his child is enrolled in our school aged program and your donation brought his cost down
- $200 could provide 5 kids with lifesaving skills and confidence around water through 6 weeks of group lessons
- $500 could help on household afford the costs of a Y membership through our Open Doors Financial Assistance Program
- $1000 could help 7 kids go to Summer Camp at the Christensen Family YMCA camp.
The FREMONT FAMILY YMCA has been contributing to the development of our community's adults and youth for over 127 years through programs and activities that encourage character, fitness and well-being as well as strengthen interpersonal relationships. Today the YMCA is eager to continue this valuable service for the community more than ever.
Did you know that donations to the YMCA fund:
- Financial scholarships to low income persons and families? A healthier community, is a stronger community! We provide scholarships to over 400 families each year, and that need will continue to grow!
- Our “No Youth Denied” policy, which gives all youth an opportunity to use the YMCA? We also offer scholarships for youth sports, summer camps and youth programming, so that every child has the chance to experience these outstanding programs. We provided over 900 youth scholarships last year.
- Subsidies for our Y-Care, and our Before and After School programs? These programs provide low-cost, high quality child care options to the Fremont community.
- Special programs like First Grade Learn to Swim and Second Grade Learn to Skate? These programs teach all kids in these grades important skills to enhance their quality of life.
- Programs for active older adults? The Y offers Movement Improvement classes, a monthly AOA Potluck, and subsidizes the Silver Sneakers and Renew Active health insurance membership programs.
- Partnerships with local charities? The Y provides facilities and free memberships for the Special Olympic athletes. We also partner with charities such as LifeHouse, Encore, Mosaic and the Masonic Home to ensure that the people they serve have access to a healthy haven.
Your membership dues help to run the facility, but your donations change lives!
VOLUNTEERS AT THE FREMONT FAMILY YMCA
Across the United States, more than 500,000 business leaders, community advocates, parents, teens and individuals who want to give back and support their neighbors volunteer at the Y. That's because in 10,000 neighborhoods nationwide, we have the presence and partnerships to not just promise, but deliver positive personal and social change.
The YMCA has several sponsorship opportunites available to businesses and individuals. Please considering sponsoring a team or event today to help us make our programming stronger and affordable to all!
YMCA Heritage Club members are friends of the YMCA who are committed to preserving the heritage of the YMCA for years to come. Through their generous contributions, these people have given the YMCA the means to maintain long-range financial stability, which ensures that our programs, traditions and mission will continue for future generations.
Each year, members of the Heritage Club gather to welcome new members, share fellowship and reflect on successes made possible by endowment contributions. Members are also invited to other YMCA events and special programs throughout the year.
How to qualify for the Heritage Club
Make or revise a will directing a percentage or fixed amount to the FREMONT FAMILY YMCA Foundation;
Name the Fremont Family YMCA Endowment Fund as a primary or secondary beneficiary of a new or existing insurance policy;
Create a charitable remainder unitrust or an annuity trust, a pooled life income, a charitable gift annuity, a short-term trust, a life estate or bank deposit that eventually directs all or a portion of the principle to the Fremont Family YMCA Endowment Fund.
Many friends of the Fremont Family YMCA make gifts to the Endowment Fund because. . . They want the YMCA to be strong and active to serve the future generations of young people. . . They want to help the YMCA remain financially secure. . . It would allow the YMCA to offer new programs to meet the community needs. . . There are significant tax benefits associated with gifts to a local charitable organization. . . The gifts may help meet family or personal estate-planning objectives.
An Invitation. . . Because of your interest in and support of the Fremont Family YMCA, you are invited to join our Heritage Club. This is a group of men and women who want to ensure that the heritage of Christian purposes and traditions continues for future generations.
The Fremont Family YMCA's Heritage Club is a program to build long-range financial stability for the Fremont Family YMCA. This is not an appeal for funds now - but a request that you include the Fremont Family YMCA. in your long-range plans. By doing this now the possible tax advantages to you can increase the value of your estate.
For more information about the various opportunities for membership, please call Jerry Rinne, Executive Director, Fremont Family YMCA, 810 N. Lincoln Ave., Fremont, NE 68025, 402-721-6952.
Chairperson's Round Table and I AM A Y Friend
The Fremont Family YMCA offers special giving programs to businesses and individuals who wish to donate larger sums to the YMCA. These programs include special recognition of our partners through signage at the YMCA. If you are interested in participating in the Chairman's Roundtable or the I AM A Y Friend programs, please contact Jerry Rinne at email@example.com or call 402.721.6952.