LOOKING FOR A GREAT PLACE TO WORK?
The Fremont Family YMCA is always looking for friendly, motivated people to work at our facilities. The following are the current positions that the Y is hiring:
Child Care Workers
Part-Time: The YMCA is looking for fun, energetic people who love to work with children! We are now hiring for several shifts in the childcare. We are also looking at starting a new, exciting adventure in the Cedar Bluff area. Qualified applicants will undergo an extensive background check. Employees receive FREE individual memberships and 50% off YMCA programs, camps, and classes. If you would like more information please contact Ashley Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org or 402-721-6952. Applications are available at the front desk or can be printed at home and submitted at the front desk (see button above).
Front Desk Worker
Part-Time: Afternoons and Evenings M-F and/or Weekends.
SUMMARY: Provides excellent service to all members, guests, and program participants in person and on the phone to ensure the purpose, mission, and values of the YMCA are being met.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Performs member/guest service functions including but not limited to allowing access to the facility, membership/program sales and data entry, building relationships with members, helping members connect with one another, and to the YMCA and conveying enthusiasm and accurate information about programs.
• Gives tours and educates members and prospective members on services, programs, events, and volunteer opportunities.
• Is responsible for assuring the outlined procedures for opening/closing the facility are fully completed.
• Performs general housekeeping tasks to setup/cleanup the lobby area and assists with the setup/cleanup of programs and/or classes as needed.
• Performs general clerical functions as assigned by the Program Director.
• Receives and carries out instructions.
• Maintains regular and predictable attendance. Secures a substitute if unable to cover scheduled shifts and notifies the Director of schedule substitutions prior to the change.
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Ability to type and use a computer and computer software.
• Ability to perform multiple tasks at one time.
• Ability to connect with people of diverse backgrounds.
• Possesses a strong understanding of the YMCA and its purpose, mission, and values. Demonstrates this understanding through behavior and actions that support the purpose, mission and values.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE High School Diploma preferred. Previous customer service experience.
CERTIFICATES: CPR, First Aid & AED Certified (Preferred)
For more information, contact Valerie Prenzlow at email@example.com.
Wellness Center Worker
Part-Time: The YMCA is currently hiring for all shifts to work in our 15,000 square foot Wellness Center. Duties include greeting and checking members in, screening for COVID-19, sanitizing equipment, and monitoring exercise areas for cleanliness and safety. Employees receive a free individual membership and 50% off programs, camps, and classes. If you would like more information, please contact Jeff Morgan at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are available at the front desk or can be printed at home and submitted at the front desk (see button above).
Youth Sports Officials
The YMCA is hiring part-time workers to serve as youth sports officials on weekends beginning in September. No prior refereeing experience is necessary, just a love of kids and the games. Training will be provided. For more information, please contact Jeff Morgan at email@example.com. Applications are available at the front desk or can be printed at home and submitted to the front desk (see button above).
Before/After School Bus Driver
Part-Time - 15 to 20 hours per week
Competitive pay. Free individual membership to the YMCA. Discounted pricing on Y Classes and Programming.
CDL- Passenger Endorsement only
Fill out the YMCA Employment Application from our website and bring it to the front desk, or email Kylie at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Part-Time: Friday (6pm-9pm), Saturday (2pm-5pm) and Sunday (4pm-7pm)
Minimum wage with increase potential following completion of probation period. Employees receive FREE individual memberships to the Y and 50% off YMCA programs, camps, and classes.
Duties include general cleaning and sanitizing of gyms and locker rooms.
Must be over the age of 18 with a high school diploma or GED. Qualified applicants are subject to a background check.
Fill out the YMCA Employment Application above and bring it to the front desk, or email Johanna at email@example.com for more information.
The Dillon Family Aquatics Center is always on the lookout for quality, reliable and dedicated persons to be lifeguards and swim instructors. You must be (or become) certified in lifeguarding.
Free individual membership to the Y and discounts on Y programming.
If you are interested, contact David Struble at firstname.lastname@example.org, or bring in a completed application to the DFAC.