LOOKING FOR A GREAT PLACE TO WORK?
The Fremont Family YMCA is always looking for friendly, motivated people to work at our facilities. The following are the current positions that the Y is hiring for:
Director of Development
This position supports the work of the Fremont Family YMCA, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening the community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. The Director of Development (DD) at Fremont Family YMCA (FFY) serves on the CEO’s senior leadership team and provides strategic leadership in fund development to advance FFY’s mission through annual giving, government, and foundation grants, endowment bequests, and gifts to capital campaigns. The DD assists the CEO in developing an actively engaged volunteer board of directors and positions the FFY as a community convener and collaborator to address critical issues and needs.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, with two or more years of fundraising experience in annual giving campaigns, special events, and grant writing.
- Proven experience in cultivating and soliciting leadership-level gifts to the annual fund.
- Familiarity with the principles of annual campaign organization and marketing.
- Ability to relate to top community leaders and diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Ability to create interpretive materials to enable potential donors to understand the Y and how they contribute to the achievement of its mission.
- Experience in working closely with volunteers and in staffing volunteer committees/events.
- Excellent writing, organizational, and communication skills.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, volunteers, senior leaders, and the public.
- Foundation and government grant writing expertise.
- Understanding of and enthusiasm for the mission of the YMCA.
- CFRE or equivalent preferred.
Please send resumes and cover letters by June 20 to email@example.com.
Membership and Marketing Director
The Membership/Marketing Director at Fremont Family YMCA intentionally fosters a cause-centered culture that is welcoming, genuine, hopeful, nurturing, and determined. This position is responsible for the development, implementation, management, and evaluation of member services along with general marketing and public relations for the Y.
1. Promote program and membership enrollment interactions with existing and potential members. Coordinate program registration, including logistics to support phone, walk-in, and web registration. Coordinate marketing efforts to maximize enrollments and provide ongoing support to Program Directors on related issues.
2. Ensure a level of service and engagement that fosters loyalty among those we serve.
3. Organize membership events at the Y and represent the Y at community events to promote membership and programs of the Y.
4. Ensure proper implementation of front desk procedures. Review and update desk procedures and communicate changes to staff. Coordinate as necessary with Business Director on financial transactions.
5. Participate in the planning of the annual budget; manage and implement the approved budget for membership and take appropriate action to correct variances. Develop an annual marketing and membership plan that supports annual budget.
6. Lead membership and front desk staff and volunteers effectively; recruit and hire diverse staff and volunteer teams; onboard and develop them for success, evaluate direct reports on an annual basis.
7. Manages membership cancellations and changes, and processes monthly bank drafts.
8. Manage Scholarship requests.
9. Manage communication for The Big Give, United Way, and Annual Campaign Drives.
10. Serve as the brand manager and oversee production of all campaign and marketing materials, including interior signage within the Y.
11. Collect data on memberships, analyzes trends and makes recommendations to increase membership retention, new member gain and overall awareness of Y programs.
12. Conduct annual membership drive to include letters and emails promoting new memberships, renewing lapsed and retaining current members. Work with local companies to encourage corporate membership sales.
13. Coordinate locker rentals with members.
14. Create an internal employee newsletter and external membership newsletter that is delivered quarterly via email communication.
Communication & Influence
Developing Self and Others
Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required, will consider experience in a related field or a combination of both.
YMCA Team Leader certification preferred, or willingness to pursue.
Previous supervisory experience in customer service preferred.
Excellent personal computer skills and experience with standard business software.
Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social, economic, and cultural backgrounds.
This is a full-time position that includes a salary of $36,000-$43,000 and full benefits. Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30.
This position will pay between $10-$11/hour.
Responsible for the safety of staff, members, and guests of the YMCA to ensure that all YMCA rules, policies, and procedures are understood and followed.
Duties include, but are not limited to: visual monitoring of facility – both internally & externally, resolving differences between members and/or staff, conducting building tours, leading facility in emergency situations, providing physical support to all program areas as needed, securing the facility at the end of the shift and/or day.
- Fully knowledgeable of the daily building functions and program operations.
- Builds effective, authentic relationships with members and staff; helps them connect with each other and the YMCA.
- Conveys information on all programs and schedules and as appropriate, refers members to other programs.
- Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations, and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures. Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
- Organizes and puts away needed class equipment. Reports damaged equipment immediately to the immediate supervisor using a predetermined reporting method.
- High level of understanding and the ability to operate the various areas of building security and overall building functionality.
If interested, please print and fill out the above application. Questions? Contact Evan Hunt at email@example.com.
The YMCA is currently hiring for part-time (20-25 hours per week) positions in our housekeeping department. Hourly wages start at $9/hour. All employees receive a free personal membership to the YMCA. To apply for this position, please print out the application (found above) and return it to the front desk at the YMCA.
This position supports the work of the Fremont Family YMCA, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening our community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. The Housekeeping staff
at Fremont Family YMCA ensures that our facility is kept clean and well-maintained.
1. Cleaning and sanitizing restrooms and locker rooms
2. Glass cleaning
3. Carpet Care
4. Hard Floor Care
5. Removal of trash
Available to work evenings and weekends
High attention to detail
Must be 16 years of age or older
Must be able to work independently without close supervision
Reliable and trustworthy
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The YMCA has immediate openings for gymnastics instructors for our progressive gymnastics classes. Only basic gymnastics knowledge is necessary. The Y will train and provide lesson plans. Classes are held on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 4:15 - 7:00 PM. Please fill out an application at the YMCA front desk, or print one from our website and bring it to the front desk. Please contact Taylor with any questions.
Before/After School Bus Driver
Part-Time - 15 to 20 hours per week. Competitive pay. Free individual membership to the YMCA. Discounted pricing on Y Classes and Programming. CDL- Passenger Endorsement only.
Fill out the YMCA Employment Application at the top of this page and bring it to the front desk, or call Kylie at 402.721.6952 for more information.
Child Care Workers
The YMCA is looking for fun, energetic people who love to work with children! We are now hiring for several shifts in childcare. Qualified applicants will undergo an extensive background check. Employees receive a FREE individual membership and 50% off YMCA programs, camps, and classes. Currently, we are in need of staff for all shifts (6 AM- 6 PM). All shifts work Monday - Friday. If you would like more information please contact Cori at 402-721-6952. Applications are available at the front desk or print the application at the top of this page.
The Dillon Family Aquatics Center is always on the lookout for quality, reliable and dedicated people to be lifeguards and swim instructors. Training is available.
Benefits of working as a lifeguard/swim instructor
Flexible hours. Perfect for college students, high school students looking for after-school or weekend hours, or stay-at-home parents.
Free individual membership to the Y and discounts on Y programming.
Personal Benefits include:
o Development of decision-making skills
o Opportunities for leadership experience
o Experience in customer service
o Team environment
Special Pay for the following:
o Private swim lessons
o 1st grade swim lessons through our partnership with RTG Medical
Are you interested? Applications are located above or available in person upon request. Please bring your application to the DFAC front desk.
If you have questions, please contact the aquatics director Miranda Long, 402-721-6952 or firstname.lastname@example.org.