BECOME YOUR BEST SELF
Following the guidelines set in place by the state of Nebraska and the CDC, we plan on opening in phases as we reinstate and train our team. We will continue a rigorous cleaning schedule every day and are adding additional staff and sanitation stations as needed.
Four work out areas will be available to members. These areas include the Hazel Keene Wellness Center, the new Cross-Training Room, and the Large Gym which has been divided into two areas by the large curtain. Access to each work out area will be limited to 50% of overall capacity. This means that members should not have to wait to work out. Members must be over the age of 14 to utilize the work out areas. Children ages 10-13 may use the Wellness Center if they are accompanied by a parent, or alone if they have completed our weight training program. Work out times will be restricted to 1.5 hours total per day.
Wellness Center Areas Hours:
- Masks are recommended for all members, however not required. We request that members bring and wear masks during the check-in process. They may remove their masks to work out.
- Members’ temperature must be checked by staff in order to gain entry into the facility. The temperature must be under 100.4 degrees.
- A waiver must be signed by members, prior to entering the building.
- Please do not come to the YMCA if you are feeling ill in any way or at high risk.
- Members coming to work out will enter through the Wellness Center. Exercise equipment has been spaced out into a variety of areas to allow for various exercise options.
- Childcare and persons requiring front desk help will enter through the main doors. The main building will be open for childcare and front desk help only from 6 am-8 pm, Monday through Friday and Saturdays from 7 am-3 pm.
- There will be no sweat towel service available. We encourage you to bring your own. In addition, water faucets will not be available. Please bring your own water.
- Please maintain a 6ft. distance between you and other members and keep a machine in between. Please do not do partner workouts or spotter recommended exercises.
- Members will be required to clean their own equipment prior to and after use. The Y staff will also be diligent in cleaning all equipment on a regular basis.
- The Community Room and coffee services will remain closed until further notice as recommended by the state and public health officials.
- The Sidner Gyms/walking track, the turf room, the tennis and racquetball courts will reopen to members on Monday, August 17.
- Group Fitness Classes have resumed. For a complete listing of classes look under "Schedules"
- The Methodist Fremont Health Wellness Center is open for hospital employees only. If you have a Methodist Fremont Health Membership you may use the main YMCA facility.
As always, we want to thank you for your patience and support as we navigate through these uncharted waters. We are extremely grateful for each one of you and can’t wait to see you back in our facility once again! Please continue to stay up to date by reading the YMCA emails, following us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, downloading our Daxko App, and visiting our website at fremontfamilyymca.org.
FREMONT FAMILY YMCA YOUTUBE CHANNEL - The YMCA is posting workouts that you can do at home led by the familiar faces of the fitness instructors of the Fremont Family YMCA.
Being healthy means more than simply being physically active. It’s about maintaining a balanced spirit, mind, and body. The Y is a place where you can work toward that balance by challenging yourself to learn a new skill or hobby, fostering connections with friends through our lifelong learning programs, or bringing your loved ones closer together through our many family-centered activities. At the Y, it’s not about the activity you choose as much as it is about the benefits of living healthier on the inside as well as the outside.
A complete schedule of classes can be found on our website under SCHEDULES, or by looking at the Fremont Family YMCA mobile app.
Some of the COVID Group Exercise Changes will include:
Class size is limited to 20 members per class. Space is available on a first-come-first-served basis.
All fitness classes, except Spin, will be moved to the Fitness Studio. No equipment will be set up for BodyPump so please come 5-10 minutes early to get your station set up.
Spin classes will be in Large Gym
Please do not show up for class more than 5 minutes early. To attend a class, you must check-in through the Wellness Center. The process should not take more than 30 seconds to a minute. (It can be a little longer your first time back to the Y.)
If you would like to stick around and socialize with other members, we encourage you to move the conversation to the Large Gym or outside, so that the next class can come in and get ready.
Participants will get their own equipment out and we encourage you to only touch the equipment that you will be using.
When the class is finished, you will go to our sanitation table and use the hand sanitizer and grab a towel.
The Class Instructor will spray down all the equipment that was used for the class.
We look forward to seeing you back in class!
Group Exercise Rules and Information - We reserve the right to cancel or change a class format. Classes are drop-in, first come, first served.
- Youth must be 14 years of age or older to enter the fitness studio
Doctor's Permission - All exercise classes are strenuous in nature. Before beginning an exercise program you should consult your personal physician.
No Children Allowed in the Fitness Studio - Kidz Zone has reopened.
KIDZ ZONE Hours
- Personalized programs for YOU
- Motivation and Support
- Setting SMART goals
- Helping overcome fear and anxiety of the gym
Beginner Technique - Learn proper technique and how to make exercise a habit you enjoy.
Weight Loss - Focusing on burning those calories and toning those muscles!
Strength Gains - work on putting those muscles into over-drive!
Expecting & New Moms - for moms that want to stay fit or lose that post pregnancy weight.
Youth 1 on 1 training - work on proper form and way to prevent injuries before joining weight class in school.
For more information call 402.721.6952 or email Jeff Morgan.
The Hazel R. Keene Wellness Center is a 15,000-square foot facility with state-of-the-art equipment in cardio, select weight, free weight and express workout areas. In October 2019, the YMCA opened the cross training area with a Queenax Functional Training system, TRX Bands, tire flip, kettlebells, powerlifting eqiuipment and specialized cardio equipment. The Y Wellness Center also features. . .
- Extended hours for FREMONT FAMILY YMCA members
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff available during all Wellness Center hours
- Over 40 cardio machines & cardio theater
- 20 pieces of select weight equipment
- Free weights area
- Express workout area
- Wheelchair accessibility
- Plasma and flat screen TVs
Everyone must complete an orientation prior to using the Wellness Center. Please call to schedule an appointment.
No children under the age of 10 are allowed in the Wellness Center. Click the link below to review our youth policy.
Virtual Group Fitness Classes
We're excited to start offering virtual fitness options, via ZOOM, to our Group Fitness Schedule beginning August 24. This program is for Fremont Family YMCA Members only. You can start registering for next week's classes right now.
This is perfect for anyone who, is worried about coming back to the Y in person or maybe your schedule doesn't allow for you to make it in person. Check it all out by clicking on the link below.
Step It Up September Group Fitness Challenge
This program is simple, attend more Group Fitness Classes and you could win prizes. Here's how it works:
1) Register by filling out this registration form. (FREE of Fremont Family YMCA Members; Non-Members, see below)
2) Every time you attend a Group Fitness Class in the month of September get points. Some classes will have bonus points, so keep an eye out for what classes are worth more.
3) Be sure to tell the Wellness Center Associate to check you in each time you attend class.
4) If you get 12 or more points you will be eligible for the drawing.
5) The participant with the most points will receive a prize package that includes all of the prizes awarded in the drawing.
6) Non-members can sign up at the Front Desk by paying a $30 Group Fitness Pass. This will only be good for the month of September and will only grant access to Group Fitness Classes.
*Free one-month Adult Membership to the Fremont Family YMCA
*Oil Change Service from Sid Dillon
*One Free Personal Training Session with Angie Decker
*YMCA Water bottle