BE GOAL ORIENTED!
At the YMCA, kids develop all of their skills, from catching and dribbling to teamwork and sportsmanship. Just as important, they learn firsthand the benefits of being healthy & active and that virtual games just can't compare to the real thing. Youth Sports are offered year-round and always need great coaches. Use your talents to encourage, guide, and train young athletes at the Y! We offer youth sports programs for flag football, volleyball, baseball, soccer, tennis, swimming, hockey, gymnastics, and speed and agility.
Game Cancellations: Cancellations due to inclement weather will be posted on our website, the Fremont Family YMCA Facebook page, and on our phone app (Daxko Health and Wellness app - YMCA of Fremont Nebraska). Canceled games can be made up if both teams agree to a time and location.
Thank you to our Fall Youth Sports Sponsors!
Sid Dillon Chevrolet, Athletico, Fremont Electric, Inc., Pinnacle Bank, First State Bank and Trust, First National Bank, Fremont Eye Associates, Erickson & Brooks, Yost Law Firm, Timme Welding, Fremont Vision Source, Fremont Family Dentistry, Wiese Plumbing & Excavating Inc, Cara Colvert - State Farm, The Heritage at Shalimar Gardens, RMD Promotions, Wiechman Pig Co., All Metals Market, Inc., Total Fire & Security, Inc., Fremont Dental Group, American Legion Post 20, Elemetal Fabrication & Machine, Tommy’s Express Car Wash, Fremont Kiwanis Club, Sawyer Car Wash, Libby Headid - Don Peterson & Associates, Magnum Builders Corp., Bergan Booster Club, EcoWater Systems, THE 5TH SEASON, INC., and Wholestone Farms
Jr. Tigers Basketball at the Fremont Family YMCA
Open to kids in Grades K-6th
Registration opens up Oct. 1, 2020
Deadline for registration: November 13, 2020
In partnership with Fremont High School, the Fremont Family YMCA is excited to offer this new basketball program. Coaches for the Jr. Tigers program will provide kids the instruction needed to make meaningful improvements to their game while having a lot of fun along the way. Skills sessions will be led by Fremont High School Coaching Staff, with games added in later in the season.
November 19-December 17 (Skill Development Practices on Tuesday & Thursday Evening) Times TBD
Players will be drafted to teams in mid-December.
January 5 - 28 (One night of Skill Development (Tuesday) and One night of Games (Thursday)
February 2 - 25 (Two nights of games Tuesdays & Thursdays)
$75 for members & $100 for non-members.
Additional Add On's - Jr. Tigers Shooting Shirt ($15.00) - This is included for FREE for Jr. Tigers who are FFYMCA Members
- Jr. Tigers 3-vs-3 Inaugural Tournament on Jan. 9, 2021 ($25.00 per player) - This is included FREE for Jr. Tigers who are FFYMCA Members
Out of town team options:
Team Only without skills sessions - $400 Team fee for 12 Games (Jerseys not provided)
Team with skills session - Individual players sign up through the Y and we will place them on the same team. Member and Non-Member fees apply.
This class will teach male and female sprinters how to improve in all aspects of sprinting. Open to kids in 4th-9th grades.
November 30; December 3, 7, 10, 14, 17, 21; January 4, 7, 11, 14, 18
Sprinters will be separated according to skill level. Coach David LaDay will be in charge of letting students know which training session they will participate in.
Training Session 1 Beginning Sprinters: 6pm – 7pm
Training Session 2 Intermediate Sprinters: 7pm – 8pm
SESSION PLAN – The most important thing in coaching is the relationship between the athlete and the coach. There needs to be trust, respect, and integrity. These elements provide the framework for a healthy and productive experience for both the coach and the athlete. I develop training around building core strength using bodyweight (especially for young athletes). I also teach proper stretching of the hips, glutes, hamstrings, and quads. Once the athlete’s body is ready to handle the stress of a sprint workout, we move into sprinting. – Coach David LaDay
LOCATION – Training will take place in the Turf Room at the Fremont Family YMCA
COST – 12 classes in total. $120 for YMCA members, $140 for non-members – Scholarships available
REGISTRATIONS – Please register and pay on our website – fremontfamilyymca.org
PROGRAM DIRECTOR – Naomi Bernal, 402-721-6952, email@example.com
THIS CLASS WILL BE TAUGHT BY David LaDay. Coach LaDay has coached kids ages 8 to 18 for more than 20 years. He’s coached for the Jr. Olympics, at the middle school and high school levels. Coach LaDay played football at Stratford High School in Houston, Texas, in the same program that produced D1 college and NFL players such as Craig James, David Klinger, and Andrew Luck. While in college in Minnesota, he was a four-year letter winner with all-conference honors each year. He qualified for nationals three years in the 100M and 200M. He also achieved all-American honorable mention honors. After college, he played two years of semi-pro football for the Minnesota Maulers. In both years, the team went undefeated and he received all-star honors. He has coached football at all levels and was a part of the conference championship and state qualifying team at Edison High School in Minneapolis in the mid-1990s. Currently, he is the sprint and relays coach at Fremont Middle School and he competes in the USAFT Masters in the 100M and 200M.
Fall Session II: November 3-24, 2020 (classes run for four consecutive weeks)
Open to kids ages 4-16
Registration begins October 22 for FFYMCA members, and October 26 for non-members.
COST - $25 for Fremont Family YMCA members; $35 for non-members
Karate class participants will learn all of the basic fundamentals of kicking, punching, avoidance skills, and self-defense tactics. The four-week course also allows each student the chance to break a real board on the last night of class. Students will be put together in groups of like ages and/or abilities.
PROGRAM DIRECTOR – Jensen Sullivan, 402-721-6952, firstname.lastname@example.org
Little Tykes Sports for Preschoolers
Little Tykes Sports is NEW!
For: Preschool Ages (children ages 3-5)
When: Saturday Mornings starting at 9:00 am
Dates: October 24-December 5
Location: Turf Room at the Fremont Family YMCA
Cost: $30 FFY Members, $50 for Non-Members (Includes a $5, non-refundable, registration fee)
Registration begins: September 1, 2020 Deadline: October 5, 2020
This new program infuses three programs into one. We will have two weeks of each of the following sports, Flag Football, Soccer, and T-Ball. The kids will have fun while getting introduced to the world of sports.
If you have any questions, please contact Naomi Bernal at email@example.com.
Thank you to our Fall Youth Sports Sponsors!
Sid Dillon Chevrolet, Athletico, Fremont Electric, Inc., Pinnacle Bank, First State Bank and Trust, First National Bank, Fremont Eye Associates, Erickson & Brooks, Yost Law Firm, Timme Welding, Fremont Vision Source, Fremont Family Dentistry, Wiese Plumbing & Excavating Inc, Cara Colvert - State Farm, The Heritage at Shalimar Gardens, RMD Promotions, Wiechman Pig Co., All Metals Market, Inc., Total Fire & Security, Inc., Fremont Dental Group, American Legion Post 20, Elemetal Fabrication & Machine, Tommy’s Express Car Wash, Fremont Kiwanis Club, Sawyer Car Wash, Libby Headid -Don Peterson & Associates, Magnum Builders Corp., Bergan Booster Club, EcoWater Systems, THE 5TH SEASON, INC., and Wholestone Farms
COVID-19 Sports Guidelines - Indoor
Youth Sports Return to Play Guidelines (Indoor Sports)
To ensure participant health and safety, as well as the enjoyment of our facilities and programs, we will continue to review and update these guidelines regularly to remain in line with federal, state, and local guidelines. Any updates to guidelines during the season will promptly be communicated.
· No one should attend a practice or a game if not feeling well, has a fever, currently under quarantine, or has been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days. Personal health and safety are the responsibility of all players, volunteers, and spectators.
· If a positive COVID-19 test is reported to the YMCA, teams impacted will be notified, while keeping the individual’s identity confidential.
· Players should wash their hands before and after each practice, especially for sports that contact between players or players handling/touching the same object(s) like a ball, mat, etc.
· Coaches are responsible for ensuring social/physical distancing is maintained between players as much as possible. This means additional spacing between players during drills or while waiting to participate.
· Participants will be required to wear face coverings for all practices and games.
· Players should bring their own water bottles and drink containers.
· Players should not arrive more than 5 minutes early for practices, as to allow those scheduled before to exit safely.
· Parents are not permitted to stay and watch practices. Members will be allowed to utilize the other parts for the facility. Non-member parents are asked to drop off their children or wait in their car until practice is over.
· Games will be scheduled with additional transition time to allow time for teams to clear the area and for staff to disinfect equipment. Please do not arrive more than 5 minutes early for games, as not to crowd exiting teams or interfere with staff cleaning.
· After the game, there will not be any handshakes, congratulation lines, or parent tunnels. We ask teams to participate in our Sportsmanship gesture by waiving to the other team and shouting “GOOD GAME”.
· Avoid having large group team meetings before or after the game. When meeting, practice social distancing.
· Post-Game snacks/drinks will be suspended for the time being.
- We will not utilize bleachers but rather ask spectators to bring their own outdoor chair. We also ask that you practice social distancing by staying 6 feet apart.
- For the first two weeks of the program, fans will be limited to immediate family only. A determination of expanding the number of fans will be considered before week 3.
- All players and spectators will be required to wear face coverings at all games.
- On game days, players and spectators will enter through the Wellness Center of the YMCA. Temperatures will be taken from everyone. Exiting the facility will be on a different path out through the main doors.
Thank you to our Fall Youth Sports Sponsors!
Sid Dillon Chevrolet
Fremont Electric, Inc.
First State Bank and Trust
First National Bank
Fremont Eye Associates
Erickson & Brooks
Yost Law Firm
Fremont Vision Source
Fremont Family Dentistry
Wiese Plumbing & Excavating Inc
Cara Colvert - State Farm
The Heritage at Shalimar Gardens
Wiechman Pig Co.
All Metals Market, Inc.
Total Fire & Security, Inc
Fremont Dental Group
American Legion Post 20
Elemetal Fabrication & Machine
Tommy’s Express Car Wash
Fremont Kiwanis Club
Sawyer Car Wash
Libby Headid - Don Peterson & Associates
Magnum Builders Corp.
Bergan Booster Club
THE 5TH SEASON, INC