BE GOAL ORIENTED!
At the YMCA, kids develop all of their skills, from catching and dribbling to teamwork and sportsmanship. Just as important, they learn firsthand the benefits of being healthy & active and that virtual games just can't compare to the real thing. Youth Sports are offered year-round and always need great coaches. Use your talents to encourage, guide, and train young athletes at the Y! We offer youth sports programs for flag football, volleyball, baseball, soccer, tennis, swimming, hockey, gymnastics, and speed and agility.
Game Cancellations: Cancellations due to inclement weather will be posted on our website, the Fremont Family YMCA Facebook page, and on our phone app (Daxko Health and Wellness app - YMCA of Fremont Nebraska). Canceled games can be made up if both teams agree to a time and location.
Thank you to our Fall Youth Sports Sponsors!
Sid Dillon Chevrolet, Athletico, Fremont Electric, Inc., Pinnacle Bank, First State Bank and Trust, First National Bank, Fremont Eye Associates, Erickson & Brooks, Yost Law Firm, Timme Welding, Fremont Vision Source, Fremont Family Dentistry, Wiese Plumbing & Excavating Inc, Cara Colvert - State Farm, The Heritage at Shalimar Gardens, RMD Promotions, Wiechman Pig Co., All Metals Market, Inc., Total Fire & Security, Inc., Fremont Dental Group, American Legion Post 20, Elemetal Fabrication & Machine, Tommy’s Express Car Wash, Fremont Kiwanis Club, Sawyer Car Wash, Libby Headid - Don Peterson & Associates, Magnum Builders Corp., Bergan Booster Club, EcoWater Systems, THE 5TH SEASON, INC., and Wholestone Farms
Thank you to our Winter Sports Sponsors!
Tiger Pride Association
Sawyers Car Wash
Little Tykes Sports for Preschoolers
May 1 - June 5, 2021 (6 Saturdays Mornings)
Registration Deadline: April 21, 2021
Age groups: Preschool Ages 3-5 years old
Program Instructor: Jim Cope
Program Director: Naomi Bernal E: email@example.com
2 Saturdays of Soccer, 2 Saturdays of T-ball, 2 Saturdays of Kickball/Flag Football
Times: 8am - 12pm
Cost: $30 for FFY members, $50 for non-members
This new program infuses three programs into one. We will have two weeks of each of the following sports, Flag Football, Soccer, and T-Ball. The kids will have fun while getting introduced to the world of sports.
YOUTH SUMMER RUN CLUB
Age Group: Kindergarten - 6th grades
Registration deadline: July 9, 2021
Dates: M/W/F July 19 - Aug 6
Cost: $15 for members/ $30 for non-members
Kids can walk or jog their way to completing a ½ or Full Marathon. Over the three-week program kids will receive a YMCA wristband for completing each 5K along the way to reaching the ultimate goals of a ½ and/or Full Marathon. All kids will receive a certificate for participating in the program. We will also do a warm-up with instruction from people who have a passion for running.
NFL Youth Flag Football
NFL FLAG is a fun and accessible non-contact program for girls and boys in Grades K-6th. Sports have the power to transform athletes and unite communities. That's why we're bringing flag football to every corner of the U.S. to provide youth athletes with the opportunities and experience to get in the game. The Fremont Family YMCA is excited to partner with NFL Flag Football on this program. Practices will be one weekday evening with games being played on Saturday mornings. More info to come! Please fill out the contact form before you register. The info you put on the form will be used to send notifications out to parents.
For: K-6th Grade Boys and Girls
When: Practices once a week, and Saturday Games
Dates: April 6 - May 15
Cost: $55 FFY Members, $75 for Non-Members (Includes a $5, non-refundable, registration fee)
Registration Deadline: March 30
Program Director: Naomi Bernal, firstname.lastname@example.org
Spring Youth Volleyball League
Our Youth Volleyball is a low-pressure way to help your kids develop their volleyball skills. The six-week season will include one practice and one game per week. Players enjoy modified rules for different ages to provide maximum success. Volunteer coaches will allow everyone to participate. Please fill out the google form below in order to get the most updated and correct contact information. The info you put on the form will be used to give parents updates and notification. More info to come soon!
For: 2nd-6th Grade Boys and Girls
When: Practices once a week and Saturday morning games
Dates: March 11 - April 25
Location: Sidner Gyms at the Fremont Family YMCA
Cost: $25 FFY Members, $50 for Non-members (Includes a $5, non-refundable, registration fee)
Registration Deadline: March 4
PROGRAM DIRECTOR – Naomi Bernal, email@example.com
Fremont Youth Soccer League
Fremont Soccer Club and the Fremont Family YMCA have partnered up and are excited to offer a the Fremont Youth Soccer League for spring soccer! The program is a safe environment where kids can build a strong foundation for soccer while having fun and exercising their bodies. We do not focus on wins/losses but personal and team development.
Age Groups: U5 - U8 Girls and Boys (kids born between 2013-2016)
Where: 1914 Christensen Field Rd, Fremont, NE 68025
Season Dates: 3/22/2021 - 07/31/2021
Registration Info: Registration will be through the Fremont Soccer Club. U5/U6 registration cost is $55 and U7/U8 is $75. Registration Deadline is March 14. Registration questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Program Director: Naomi Bernal. Program questions can be sent to email@example.com
Uniforms (shirts) will be provided with registration. Kids will be required to wear shin guards with long soccer socks for all practices & games, and bring a water bottle. Balls will be provided for use during practices & games, but if anyone would like to bring their own it should be a size 3. Cleats are allowed, but not required. Please make sure the cleat does not have a toe spike, as those are not suitable/safe for soccer.
If you are interested in helping coach your child's team, please fill out the google form below! There will be a curriculum provided to coaches as well as mentorship for those desiring guidance on how to coach these amazing young people. We will have a coaches meeting before the season begins so you will all be up to date on items. We want our coaches to succeed and will do what we can to see that happen - we greatly appreciate the time & energy our volunteer coaches invest every season!
Jr. Tigers Basketball at the Fremont Family YMCA
Open to kids in Grades K-6th
Registration has closed. If you would like to register a player or a team, please email Naomi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In partnership with Fremont High School, the Fremont Family YMCA is excited to offer this new basketball program. Coaches for the Jr. Tigers program will provide kids the instruction needed to make meaningful improvements to their game while having a lot of fun along the way. Skills sessions will be led by Fremont High School Coaching Staff, with games added in later in the season.
$75 for members & $100 for non-members.
Additional Add On's - Jr. Tigers Shooting Shirt ($15.00) - This is included for FREE for FFYMCA Members. Deadline for shooting shirt order is January 15th.
If you are a non-member and would like a shooting shirt please call the front desk (402-721-6952) and pay over the phone. Please email Naomi your child's first and last name as well as their shirt size.
Out of town team options:
Please contact Naomi at email@example.com to determine a rate.
Thank you to our sponsors!
Tiger Pride Association
Sawyer Car Wash
This class will teach male and female sprinters how to improve in all aspects of sprinting. Open to kids in 4th-9th grades.
PROGRAM DATES: Mondays/Thursdays, Feb 1st - March 11th
Sprinters will be separated according to skill level. Coach David LaDay will be in charge of letting students know which training session they will participate in.
Training Session 1 Beginning Sprinters: 6pm – 7pm
Training Session 2 Intermediate Sprinters: 7pm – 8pm
LOCATION – Training will take place in the Turf Room at the Fremont Family YMCA
COST – 12 classes in total. $120 for YMCA members, $140 for non-members – Financial Aid available. If you are paying a prorate for the classes, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Session I: January 26-February 16
FFYMCA Member registration – January 11, 2021
Non-Members registration – January 18, 2021
Session II: March 23-April 13
FFYMCA Member registration – March 8, 2021
Non-member registration - March 15, 2021
Open to kids ages 4-16
COST - $25 for Fremont Family YMCA members; $35 for non-members
Karate class participants will learn all of the basic fundamentals of kicking, punching, avoidance skills, and self-defense tactics. The four-week course also allows each student the chance to break a real board on the last night of class. Students will be put together in groups of like ages and/or abilities.
PROGRAM DIRECTOR – Taylor, 402-721-6952, email@example.com
COVID-19 Sports Guidelines - Indoor
Youth Sports Return to Play Guidelines (Indoor Sports)
To ensure participant health and safety, as well as the enjoyment of our facilities and programs, we will continue to review and update these guidelines regularly to remain in line with federal, state, and local guidelines. Any updates to guidelines during the season will promptly be communicated.
· No one should attend a practice or a game if not feeling well, has a fever, currently under quarantine, or has been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days. Personal health and safety are the responsibility of all players, volunteers, and spectators.
· If a positive COVID-19 test is reported to the YMCA, teams impacted will be notified, while keeping the individual’s identity confidential.
· Players should wash their hands before and after each practice, especially for sports that contact between players or players handling/touching the same object(s) like a ball, mat, etc.
· Coaches are responsible for ensuring social/physical distancing is maintained between players as much as possible. This means additional spacing between players during drills or while waiting to participate.
· Participants will be required to wear face coverings for all practices and games.
· Players should bring their own water bottles and drink containers.
· Players should not arrive more than 5 minutes early for practices, as to allow those scheduled before to exit safely.
· Parents are not permitted to stay and watch practices. Members will be allowed to utilize the other parts for the facility. Non-member parents are asked to drop off their children or wait in their car until practice is over.
· Games will be scheduled with additional transition time to allow time for teams to clear the area and for staff to disinfect equipment. Please do not arrive more than 5 minutes early for games, as not to crowd exiting teams or interfere with staff cleaning.
· After the game, there will not be any handshakes, congratulation lines, or parent tunnels. We ask teams to participate in our Sportsmanship gesture by waiving to the other team and shouting “GOOD GAME”.
· Avoid having large group team meetings before or after the game. When meeting, practice social distancing.
· Post-Game snacks/drinks will be suspended for the time being.
- We will not utilize bleachers but rather ask spectators to bring their own outdoor chair. We also ask that you practice social distancing by staying 6 feet apart.
- For the first two weeks of the program, fans will be limited to immediate family only. A determination of expanding the number of fans will be considered before week 3.
- All players and spectators will be required to wear face coverings at all games.
- On game days, players and spectators will enter through the Wellness Center of the YMCA. Temperatures will be taken from everyone. Exiting the facility will be on a different path out through the main doors.
Thank you to our Fall Youth Sports Sponsors!
Sid Dillon Chevrolet
Fremont Electric, Inc.
First State Bank and Trust
First National Bank
Fremont Eye Associates
Erickson & Brooks
Yost Law Firm
Fremont Vision Source
Fremont Family Dentistry
Wiese Plumbing & Excavating Inc
Cara Colvert - State Farm
The Heritage at Shalimar Gardens
Wiechman Pig Co.
All Metals Market, Inc.
Total Fire & Security, Inc
Fremont Dental Group
American Legion Post 20
Elemetal Fabrication & Machine
Tommy’s Express Car Wash
Fremont Kiwanis Club
Sawyer Car Wash
Libby Headid - Don Peterson & Associates
Magnum Builders Corp.
Bergan Booster Club
THE 5TH SEASON, INC