GET SET FOR TENNIS
Monday-Friday: 6:00 am - 9:00 pm
Saturday: 7:30 am - 3:00 pm
Sunday: 12:30 pm - 6 pm
- Masks must be worn unless you are actively playing.
- Reservations for FFY members are recommended and must be made by calling the front desk during office hours (6 am-9 pm Monday through Friday, and 7:30 am-3 pm on Saturday). The phone number is 402.721.6952. Courts are available on a first-come, first-served basis. You may be able to walk on if a court is available, however, priority will be given to those with reservations. Non-FFY members must reserve their courts directly with Kerri Pentel at email@example.com or 402.753.9847.
- Court fees will be charged from 3 pm-8 pm, Monday - Friday. Other times during the day are free for FFY members (See rates under Indoor Court Rental below).
- No equipment will be available for use. Please bring your own racquet /paddle and ball.
- No water will be available. Please bring a bottle from home.
- Everyone must enter through the Wellness Center doors and follow the Wellness Center protocol to enter. Your temperature will be taken and a waiver must be filled out (one time) prior to using the facility. The waiver can be filled out prior to coming in to expedite the check-in process.
- The entire building closes promptly at 8 pm, Monday through Friday, so please ensure your game is finished and you are ready to leave by that time.
- Questions can be directed to Kerri Pentel, program director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to our Tennis Program Sponsors!
Sid Dillon Chevrolet, Fremont Electric, Inc., Pinnacle Bank, First State Bank and Trust, FNBO, Fremont Eye Associates, Erickson & Brooks, Yost Law Firm, Tommy's Express Car Wash, Universal Group - Ellen Kietzmann, OrthoNebraska, Lincoln Premium Poultry, and Fremont Auto Center.
Summer Tennis Lessons
Summer Youth Tennis is sponsored by the Fremont Family YMCA and the Fremont Tennis Association. This program is open to youth ages 4-16. Participants do not need to be YMCA members.
Member Registration opens May 24, 2021
Non-Member Registration opens May 31, 2021
Class Dates: June 7 - July 15
End of Season Tournament and Carnival: July 15
Tennis Class Schedule - All classes to be held at the Fremont Family YMCA
TINY BLASTERS - AGES 3-6 - RED BALL
A. Monday/Wednesday 9 am - 9:30 am
B. Tuesday/Thursday 4:30 pm - 5:00 pm
NUTS 'N BOLTS AND 3 R'S - AGES 6-10- ORANGE BALL
A. Monday/Wednesday 9:30 am - 10:30 am
B. Tuesday/Thursday 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
JUNIOR PACESETTER - AGES 10-16 - YELLOW BALL
A. Monday/Wednesday 10:30 am - 11:30 am
B. Tuesday/Thursday 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
ADULT TENNIS LESSONS
June 9 - July 14
Wednesdays from 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
All equipment will be provided as needed.
Questions? Contact Kerri Pentel.
Spring Youth Tennis
The YMCA features the QuickStart tennis program format in our progressive tennis lessons. QuickStart is an exciting new format for learning tennis, designed to make it easier and more fun by utilizing specialized equipment, shorter court dimensions, and modified scoring, all tailored to age and size. All Tiny Blasters and Nuts 'n Bolts classes will use the QuickStart format.
Spring Session: March 22-April 30, 2021
FFYMCA Member registration for Spring Session– March 8, 2021
Non-Members registration – March 15, 2021
Just a reminder, the YMCA must have a valid email address on file in order to register. If you need to create or update your account, please contact the front desk at 402.721.6952.
Tiny Blasters (3-Year-Olds)
Red Ball based program developed for first-time players.
A.) Wednesdays 5:00-5:30 pm
Tiny Blasters II (4 & 5-Year-Olds)
Red Ball skills continued as an introduction to all tennis abilities.
A.) Mondays 4:00-4:45pm
B.) Thursdays 5:00-5:45pm
Nuts & Bolts (6-8-Year-Olds)
Orange Ball skills to work on rally competency for playing with a partner.
A.) Mondays 5:00-6:00 pm
B.) Thursdays 6:00-7:00 pm
3 R's (9-11-Year-Olds)
Green Ball players will work on all tennis skills including serving and scoring to help them prepare for gameplay.
A.) Tuesdays 4:00-5:00 pm
B.) Wednesdays 4:00-5:00 pm
Pacesetter (Middle School)
Yellow Ball players will improve all skills to become comfortable playing the game.
A.) Tuesdays 5:00-6:00 pm
30-minute classes: FFY Member - $20, Non-Member - $30
45-minute classes: FFY Member - $30, Non-Member $40
60-minute classes: FFY Member - $40, Non-Member $50
Indoor Court Rental
INDOOR TENNIS COURT TIMES/RENTAL COSTS
Monday-Friday 3:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. Adults $6/Youth $3 (FFY Members)
Weekdays/weekends Free to FFY Members
FFY members must reserve a court by calling the front desk at 402.721.6952. You may reserve up to three days in advance.
Non-member court rental - $20/hour
Non-member court rental must be reserved through Kerri Pentel, tennis director, 402-753-9847 or email@example.com.
Winter/Spring Adult Tennis Leagues
DATES – January 11, 2021 - April 30, 2021
WHO – Leagues are open to men and women of all abilities, members and non-members
LEAGUE FORMAT – All leagues are doubles format
Tuesdays 7 pm-8:30 pm
Tuesdays 9:00 am -10:30 am
Thursdays 6:30 - 8:00 pm
Fridays 9:00am - 10:30 am
COST - $34/person for Fremont Family YMCA members, $68/person for non-members.
PROGRAM DIRECTOR – Kerri Pentel, 402-753-9847, firstname.lastname@example.org
Permanent Court Time
DATES – September 14-December 11
REGISTRATION DEADLINE – September 13, 2020
COST - $6 per hour. Note – all non-members must purchase a day pass each time they play. The total fee is calculated taking the applicable court fees times the number of weeks in the season.
SPECIAL DISCOUNT RATES – Those that reserve their PCT with ALL FEES paid in full by the first day of play will receive a discount of $1 per hour for their PCT reservations.
Contact Kerri Pentel to set up your permanent court time, 402.753.9847 or email@example.com.
Private Tennis Lessons
Private Tennis Lessons
1 hour private lesson with tennis pro, Kerri Pentel: $30/hour
1 hour private lesson with high school varsity players Alex Bigsby or Ethan Pentel: $20/hour
Please contact Kerri Pentel at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 402.753.9847, for information and to schedule your lessons.
Adult Summer Tennis Leagues
Men's League Contact: Mike Williams 402.727.9048
Women's League Contact: Kerri Pentel 402.753.9847
Tuesdays from 9:00 am - 10:30 am (inside) or Thursdays from 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm (outside).
Registration for the Tuesday league is online or in-person at the YMCA front desk.
Thursday league registration flyers are at the front desk but registration does not go through the YMCA front desk.